Recipe: Sweet & Savory Spinach Salad
I think this is one of the few salads that Rachel and I both really like. The combination of both sweet and savory elements is simply divine.
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- 16 ounces sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 8 to 12 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1 cup sweet and savory dressing (recipe below)
- Toss all ingredients together gently.
- Serve immediately.
Sweet and Savory Dressing
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup agave syrup, honey, or sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a pint container, and seal tightly.
- Shake until watery.